Non-Filed Prior Year Tax Returns

back-taxesThis is a problem for many people – they have not filed returns for two, three or four years and now are scared to do so for fear of “waking up” the IRS.  This is foolish. The IRS already knows you have not filed and does not need to be awakened.  They will eventually discover that you have not filed and will then file a return for you, known as a “Substitute for Return”.  Their substitute return will be the most unfavorable to you and most favorable to them. 

To solve this situation you should make sure that you take all steps necessary to get past returns filed as soon as possible.  This will reduce the penalties and interest on any taxes owed and will start you on the road to tax recovery.  At the Law Office of Arthur L. Weiss, P.C. we specialize in reconstructing prior year returns, getting them filed and then working with the IRS on a plan that is suitable for your income and debt.  If you have not filed past year returns now is the time to do so. 

Effective IRS Representation

We are experts in resolving IRS tax problems

At the Law Office of Arthur Weiss, P.C. we are highly skilled at navigating the maze of regulations, laws, protocols, negotiating settlements, and mediating IRS and Arizona tax issues on behalf of our clients.

We deal with the IRS so you don't have to!

Don’t expect to spend time on the phone with a salesperson. When you call our office you will be connected with a licensed tax attorney.

Why use us?

Meet with us in-person to resolve your tax issues

Unlike many of the tax resolution firms advertising on TV we are located in Tucson, AZ and licensed by the State Bar of Arizona. Don't entrust your tax problems to an attorney 1,000 miles away.

We are a licensed Law Firm

What recourse will you have when dealing with a tax firm out-of-state if calls are not returned and the results are slow coming in? The State Bar of Arizona holds us accountable for our actions. We do not avoid phone calls or transfer your calls to a so-called 'tax advisor'. You will deal directly with the attorney that will be handling your case from beginning to end.